Monday, November 2, 2015

My handsome guy is back!

The kids are finally getting some new mommy made clothes!
First up is my handsome little guy, who actually isn't so little anymore. He has grown so much lately that almost everything I made him last winter is getting too small.  So I just need to roll up my sleeves and make him some new clothes, oh how I love my chores!
To start off I printed out some Titchy Thread patterns.  

This was my first time using her patterns and they did not disappoint!  I have been wanting to make the Twisted trousers ever since they first came out.  Of course he needs some sweaters as well so I thought some Rowan tee's would be in order.


Both of these patterns were a joy to work with.
The pattern pieces are perfect and the instruction are great and easy to follow.
And all those options!!!



I love the twisted seam, such a fun and unique detail.  Perfect for piping.  This pattern is all about the little details, there is even a teeny tiny coin pocket and a slanted belt loop at the back.
Obviously for the sweater I did the hooded version with the kangaroo pocket
and the contrast full arm stripe.


The fly is faux so no zipper - easy peasy, and the waistband is done with rib and elastic - fast on and off.  Which is a must for this guy because he is always so consumed in what he is doing and leaves it until the very last minute to go to the bathroom.


For the pants I used denim with some stretch I bought on sale at my local fabric store, Kreaktiv.
The Gekko fabric I bought from stoffrullene, looks like it's sold out there though.
It is a gorgeous quality Lillestoff jersey.
Viktor has been so fascinated with reptiles lately and when we were in Danmark on our
summer holiday we visited a rainforest park and  he was so taken with the gekkos and he got
to touch a snake, he was so happy.  They each got to choose a toy from the gift store and he chose
a gekko teddy bear.  Later we went to another zoo and there he also chose a gekko at the gift store.
So when I saw this fabric on sale when we got home I just had to get it for him.


Since the Rowan Tee with the hood and the kangaroo pocket came so quickly together
I had do whip up a basic one in this cool penguin fabric I bought from Miss Matatabi.
It is a reversible double knit, I bought it last year so I'm not sure she has it anymore and
I'm afraid to look through her listings to find out cause I would probably end up buying something.


Everything is made in size 6 and the fit is great.
If I can find some more nice fabric for pants I would love to make the lined version of
the twisted trousers, nice for the cold winter months ahead.


And now I need to start working on something for Anita!



Love
Dagbjört



No comments:

Post a Comment